Life, Love, Games, and Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life, Love, Games, and Media

This is a forum for anyone who enjoys, games, movies, friends, just about anything. This is a site hopefully, for anyone. I wanted to make a forum where I could broadcast my video game and movie reviews, along with help people with my knowledge of games a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSBB vs SSBM

Go down 
4 posters

Which is better?
BRAWL
SSBB vs SSBM I_vote_lcap83%SSBB vs SSBM I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
MELEE
SSBB vs SSBM I_vote_lcap17%SSBB vs SSBM I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
EquivocatorDust
Gamer
Gamer
EquivocatorDust

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: SSBB vs SSBM   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 pm

SSBB has 35 characters.
SSBM has 26 characters.

To be completely honest, this sold Brawl as better to me over Melee instantly.

Why you might ask? Because I used to play Melee for hours and hours and I got so damn good, and then I'd go to play with my friends and we honestly couldn't play it very long because we'd run out of fun characters to use. I feel that Brawl's addition of characters and modifications to characters gives a much diverse fighting experience... and adds use to characters I'd never touch before. Here's some things about Melee that bothered me.

~Honestly~
-Bowser was trash.
-Yoshi had so many shit-sides.
-Mew-Two was honestly a one or two-trick pony.
-Luigi... sucked.
-Young Link was a joke and was just a weaker Link.
-Pichu was dumb as hell to have because Pickachu was the same thing but stronger and didn't hurt himself.
-Ganondorf was a carbon copy of Captain Falcon that was slower but stronger.
-Roy was an overpowered asshole, and Marth was an underpowered Roy copy that was really fast. <--- That's stupid.
-Falco and Fox... I can't really put any exact stat on it, but they were the same thing. Fox fell harder and faster, also his "third jump" was much longer. Falco attacked faster and did only a little bit different damage.
-Dr.Mario and Mario... I don't really want to bash it cause I loved Dr.Mario as a character, but they had the same movement and attacks. Only difference really was a little speed, damage, and the sideways smash.

^Most of those are just my opinion so don't take offence and say I'm wrong.

Brawl fixed all of that, and added more characters. From what I've seen, nearly every fight can be fair and is more based on a player's skill rather the character match.
Melee, Bowser/Ganondorf/DonkeyKong vs Sheik... I swear to God, Bowser/Ganondorf/DonkeyKong could not win even if the player using Sheik had only gotten the game yesterday.
Melee again, Roy vs Anything... Seriously, you can win by just hitting the C-stick left or right and dodging, it's retarded.

I know there are a lot of other views/opinions/feelings on these two games, I'm looking forward to having a good convo on this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Admin
Admin

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSBB vs SSBM   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Overall I have to agree, I enjoy playing brawl more when you weight on characters, and the building stats of them. However, for 4 person game play I just enjoy the flow of melee for some unknown to me reason. But, I am against the character choices and abilities of some in brawl. 1) Snake, if you know how to use him, he is way to OP. 2) Olimar, most pointless crap character to anyone who doesn't know his niche....for those who do...they never lose. 3) Rob, fun character to mess around with, but in most cases against experienced players, don't play him if you're actually trying to win.
That's about what I have to say for now Razz Enjoy the games and keep up the chat, new topics = great, new members = even better. lol lets build the community and get your ranks up by posting.
Back to top Go down
https://gamelife.4umer.com
EquivocatorDust
Gamer
Gamer
EquivocatorDust

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSBB vs SSBM   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm

I've neevr seen Snake appropriately used to be honest. He never seems to be a powerful character for a 1v1 circumstance. Maybe I haven't seen his true potential.
Olimar is incredibly stong if you know how to abuse the Pikmin, but he's still beatable if you understand his attack lengths.
And ROB is beastly if used by the right person, I have seen this for sure. But he's easy to counter in most circumstances, so I've no quarrel.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Raging Psycho
Gamer
Gamer
Raging Psycho

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSBB vs SSBM   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I think I mentioned this somewhere else, but anyways, I think Brawl is better overall, with its huge character roster, stage builder, final smash, and whatnot. I do, however, prefer the combat system from Melee, as it's a little tighter and more responsive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kittenkiller22
Newb
Newb
Kittenkiller22

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: What?   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Brawl was nothing but a slowed down crap version of Melee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SSBB vs SSBM Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSBB vs SSBM   SSBB vs SSBM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSBB vs SSBM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life, Love, Games, and Media :: Video Games :: Anything Else-
Jump to: