Life, Love, Games, and Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life, Love, Games, and Media

This is a forum for anyone who enjoys, games, movies, friends, just about anything. This is a site hopefully, for anyone. I wanted to make a forum where I could broadcast my video game and movie reviews, along with help people with my knowledge of games a

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tyranid Army

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raging Psycho
Gamer
Gamer
Raging Psycho

Tyranid Army Empty
PostSubject: Tyranid Army   Tyranid Army I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:38 pm

This is the overview of my Tyranid army for Warhammer 40k, set up together on some ruin-themed terrain.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Raging Psycho
Gamer
Gamer
Raging Psycho

Tyranid Army Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranid Army   Tyranid Army I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Here are some close-ups on the individual units of the swarm.Through assembling and painting them, I've learned a great deal about how to pose and adjust figures and about painting technique with acrylics. Enjoy the pics!

The Broodlord is completely metal and is an HQ character in the game.

Tyranid Warriors, custom made with flying fish/insect-like wings. Another HQ unit.

The Lictor. One of my favorite pieces, both to paint and in gameplay. It has chameleonic scales which can blend into any environment.

The Genestealers are the best Troops unit in the Tyranid army. For a sense of scale, these along with the Termagants and Warriors are on 25 mm bases. They are all plastic.

Termagants are the most numerous aliens in the Tyranid forces. Their sole tasking is to abosorb enemy fire and overwhelm enemy defenses in large swarms.

A cluster of Spore Mines leaving a patch of Infestation Markers. The two Markers on the sides are plastic, the center one is scratch-made.

The Biovore is a living cannon for Spore Mines. He's metal on a 40 mm base. In the background of the second pic is a Malanthrope.

This Malanthrope is scratch-built and with custom rules made according to a template for Gargantuan Creatures, as they are known, set by Games Workshop.

My first stab at a scratch-built Gargantuan Creature I call the Megagaunt (its stance is somewhat similar to the Termagant, a species of the Guant genus).
An overhead shot with a Termagant for comparison.

The Raveners, another of my favorite types to put together and paint. They too are metal. In the game they are a Fast Attack unit and can move more in one turn than any other unit in my army. They can also burrow underground to attack enemy positions from within.

The entire army deployed as a swarm. Normally I would field this army with formations of Termagants in front to protect the more powerful units like Genestealers, Raveners, and the Broodlord.

A unit line-up to give an idea of proportionate size.

My current Gargantuan Creature project that is still in-the-works. It's carved out of polystyrene with sandpaper used to smooth edges and form its carapace armor and shell. I use spackel to fill in joints and give texture to certain spots. Once he's finished, he'll be more powerful than about half of the rest of the army.
Size comparison with a Termagant.

Right now I'm focusing of finishing the new Gargantuan Creature, but hopefully I'll be getting new units soon.

Back to top Go down

Tyranid Army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life, Love, Games, and Media :: Miniatures Games / Models :: Custom Paint-
Jump to: